Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jackson Pollock Style

It was meant to be a water marble, then I messed it up and the result is a sort of Pollock style.

What makes it special: The dotted contrast made by the water marble and the hexagons

How long it lasts: About five days. The texture allows small repairs of the nail polish so as soon as the edges start to peel off you can keep them a day or two more by applying transparent or lightly glittered top coat.

To cook this look you need:
  • 3 kitties
  • Base coat (optional)
  • White nail polish (I had white with sand effect light glitter)
  • Blue nail polish
  • Pink nail polish
  • Yellow nail polish
  • Black nail polish
  • Pink hexagon glitter
  • Black hexagon glitter
  • Top coat
  • Plastic coffee cup (fill it with water)
  • Stick (toothpick or even pencil, everything works)
  • (Optional) Tape or hand cream
  • Nail polish remover and some cotton for it



Steps:
  1. Apply the base coat
  2. Apply one or two (or three) layers of white nail polish. My white was pretty crappy so I had to apply three. Wait for it to dry.
  3. (Optional) Cover your fingers with the tape or carefully cover the skin with the hand cream. This is optional because the water marble makes a total mess which can be cleaned with nail polish afterwards. According to me: it is better if you have less to clean from the skin.
  4. In the cup filled with water drop pink nail polish, then yellow, then black, then blue. 
  5. Dip some of your fingertips - two, three or all of them! In this case I did the thumb and the pinky in one turn and the rest on the other. You can do one by one but I don't find it very productive.
  6. With the stick or the object you have chosen to serve as a stick, mop up the surface of the water in the cup. 
  7. Take out of the cup your fingers. 
  8. Repeat 4-7 until you cover all your fingers with colourful nail polish. 
  9. Wait to dry. If you are satisfied with the result, you can skip the next steps. Personally I liked the contrast on some of the fingers but I was highly disappointed with others so I went on. 
  10. Apply the hexagon glitter - act creatively. You can put some black hexagon nail polish on the light colours (yellow, white) and pink on the darker (blue, dark pink) or just anything on anything (which I did)
  11. Apply top coat. I always apply top coat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment