Monday, July 6, 2015

Newspaper Mess

What makes it special: The way I messed everything with this design. My impatience ruined the good idea.

How long it lasts: One hour.

To cook this look you need:

  • Three kitties
  • Base coat
  • Top coat
  • Newspaper (Japanese)
  • White nail polish
  • Blue nail polish
  • Blue glitter nail polish
  • Decoration - Flakes
  • Anything else you find in your nailart box
  • Rubbing alcohol - 70% 
  • Cotton
  • Scissors
  • French tips
  • Nail polish remover (essential)


Steps:
  1. Apply the base coat
  2. Apply the white nail polish
  3. Here you have to wait to dry (which I didn't)
  4. Cut the newspaper into pieces
  5. Rub gently your white nail polish with the rubbing alcohol (I say gently because the alcohol is very strong and in my case it ruined my white nail polish so I had to start over again)
  6. Place piece of newspaper on your nail and press it for a few seconds. Remove the newspaper. This should result in letters from the newspaper imprinted on your nails. 
  7. Apply top coat and wait to dry (if you don't wait to dry, you'll screw on the next step the same way I did)
  8. Put the French tips on your nails and apply the blue nail polish. 
  9. Give it a few seconds to dry but not to dry completely and remove the French tips. (if you haven't waited the top coat to dry, removing the French tips on this step will remove the nail polish and you will have to start over again as I did)
  10. At this step I was already absolutely dissatisfied with the result so I just decided to push it to the limit: I added the decoration flakes, then applied the blue glitter, then to make the things worse I even added a few blue flower decorative figures. 
  11. Take the nail polish remover and take off everything from your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment